Sunday, January 13, 2013

Past Square One... Now Standing on Square -1

Hello, my darlings
No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth... Just the face of the diet earth...
I've fallen - once again - into the category of dieters who gain back more weight than they had previous to dieting...

The official number as of a couple days ago is 204.2
Yeah... I know, yucky to the zillionth degree...
I've never felt more disgusting... In my entire freaking life.....

Well, amidst my pouting, and trying to decide which diet to go back on to achieve optimum results, I stumbled across a documentary called 'Hungry for Change'
It's on Netflix, for all those who have it
If you don't have Netflix, go to hungryforchange.tv and you can watch the first 20 minutes for free.
It's basically about how the world is full of, not food, but food-like products that mimick the signals in our brains that tell us that we're satisfied. One of the guys on the show says that we're "over fed, but under nourished"

I couldn't agree more...

The people on this documentary were all glowing, so healthy and happy, and I want that.
I want to be healthy, and above all, happy.
One man was 400 lbs and once he started juicing and eating healthy, whole foods [ and sticking to it ] he literally lost 220 lbs in a period of 2 and a half years...

The detox of all the toxins in your body is supposed to be the hardest part, where you go through sugar withdrawals and the likes of that because you're only putting natural, healthy, nutrient rich foods into your body.

The aim of the whole healthy lifestyle is to vacate the position we're in now, where we're eating low-nutrient, high-calorie foods, and move instead to high-nutrient, low-calorie foods like raw fruits and vegetables, and their juicy counterparts [organic, of course], lots of flax, gelatinous fibers like chia seeds and aloe vera.

I started yesterday, and I still feel pretty nice. I was raised eating vegetarian and vegan health foods, so I already know about a lot of the things at my disposal. I made this delicious Quinoa recipe yesterday that even my meat-loving boyfriend enjoyed. It was quinoa with red, yellow, and green peppers, onions, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, cilantro, and I added some Daiya vegan cheese.

In the documentary these people who are so healthy and glowing and happy say that if you're eating the right foods, your body can assimilate them perfectly, so even if you over eat on them [which I have a horrible problem with] you'll still lose weight, and if you have no weight to lose, you'll stay where you are. They even talk about people who live in other parts of the world who don't have any msg or high fructose corn syrup or refined sugar in the foods they eat, and they can eat pretty much whatever they want and stay healthy and thin.

I've done research about healthy living quite a few times in the past, and it's legit [of course it's fucking legit! it's the way we are meant to be eating] I'm so freaking excited! I never want to feel guilty over what I'm eating ever ever again.

Needless to say, I need this outlet, and the motivation that all of your posts bring to me, so I'm going to chronicle my healthy journey on here, and I'd be honored if any of you joined me, or even just watched the documentary and knew what I was talking about.

I love you all!!!
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I've never had quinoa, what's it like? What would you recommend as a substitute for the peppers in the recipe? (I hate peppers, lol) How on earth do you get vegan cheese? Is it soy cheese? Does it taste alright?

    The sounds of that documentary sends up so many red flags for me it's not even funny. Of course we're supposed to eat food with decent nutrition! /facepalm Way to treat us like we're idiots!

    We evolved to find high-fat, high-sugar foods to be incredibly attractive because when we had to go out and gather or kill our foods, it was high energy ones that were worth the effort. If we spent more energy on a hunt than we got from it, we would have died out pretty damn fast. Now it makes sense to deliberately select lower energy foods, since our love of the high energy foods is killing us.

    I'm trying to make the switch from losing to fuelling for training, but it's hard. I want to keep going down but I know I can't and keep the muscle mass I need to do what I want. It's so good that muscle takes up less space than fat, since I'm heavier than I want to be but I still look skinnier! Woot!

    Take care, Ayden <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great that you are inspired to live a healthier lifestyle and I hope you feel better for it :)
    I have recently become vegan with similar aims and am feeling great so far. Although there a still a lot of processed and unatural vegan foods, I will definitely watch this documentary. Good luck!
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this! Your body will love you for it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plan sounds absolutely amazing! In fact it sounds so great that as of feb. 1st I'm gonna do this as well! I'm a vegan, but as you may know there is still a lot of crap foods that are vegan...hell even most oreos are vegan. Thanks for doing this post it's really inspired me to take a closer look at the crap I eat.

    ReplyDelete