Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Unofficial Weigh-In

I just couldn't take the curiosity any longer, so I weighed this morning.
The scale read: 199.0
That would be about 5 lbs... in less than a week.
It's incredible!!
A woman on the documentary said that she lost 7 lbs within the first 3 days of detoxing and eating healthily. I haven't gotten up the balls to do a detox yet, but I'm working up to it.

Starting yesterday, I decided to do a juice for breakfast every morning, and it's working out well. I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and I don't feel like I'm starving... The crazy thing is that I'm actually eating whenever I'm hungry. I'm just making healthy choices instead of the crappy ones that got me into trouble in the past.
I feel like I actually may be able to do this long term!

I'll post a thinspo soon, but Boyfriend is right beside me and may see the pictures. I know I'm doing the healthy thing now, but he doesn't really know the reason, or the extent to which I intend to go, and I'd rather he not feel the need to ask questions.

This is the most positive I've felt in a very very long time... I am not starving, or denying myself anything that I'm craving, and I'm still losing... It feels amazing. I have been leaning closer and closer to veganism, but haven't committed myself entirely.. I'm not quite sure whether or not I want to...

Have any of you watched the documentary??
[ Hungry For Change ]
I loved it...

The reason for the thoughts toward veganism is another documentary called Vegucated.
I couldn't watch the whole thing... Now, every time I look at meat, or cheese, or eggs, I get images of abused animals being herded down narrow hallways by fat, useless wastes of space called human beings. That documentary showed things that were interesting, like a woman who -while living a vegan lifestyle - had a baby boy - who looked to be about 4 or 5 in the movie - and was eight months pregnant with her second. The doctor had given her a list of ailments and diseases that she should expect within the first few years of his life. He didn't get any of them!
And, did you know that giving up meat and meat by-products for only one year, you'd reduce your carbon footprint by more than if you switched to a hybrid car?

It also showed some stuff that I don't want to recount... Needless to say it made me cry. It infuriates me that it's legal to treat animals the way that farms and people in general do. It was the animal abuse stuff that made me cry and need to turn the movie off half way through. I can't stomach looking at that shit. But since then, I haven't touched dairy, meat or anything of animal origin. I'm still debating on whether I want to o vegan, or just vegetarian, but one thing is for damn sure. I'm NEVER eating fucking meat again.

Anyway, on a happier note, I noticed that Posie posted again... If you're reading this, Posie, I don't want you to be sick by any means, but I would absolutely adore it if you'd post here again, even the smallest things. I miss you, lady. I'm sure we all do.

Your comments on my last post made me smile =]
Peridot - I know, my sister refuses to do any weight training whatsoever because she doesn't want to build muscle. It does look damn good though =]
Onyx - That completely blew my mind when I found out that oreos are vegan... When you hear the word vegan you get this image of healthy healthy healthy, until you realize that there really is a bunch of crap that is vegan... Total mindf*ck
Alice - I feel really great so far as well. How long have you been vegan? I could use all the vegan friends I can get lol. Any recommendations foodwise? I'm just starting out and haven't discovered all the tricks of the trade yet.

I'll update again soon. I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You sound like you're doing so well and really happy! That's great! I am only new to veganism myself so I wouldn't really know of any recommendations to make to you just yet lol, but of course I will be your vegan friend!
    Also, have you seen "Earthlings" yet? That movie made me cry so much. I was planning on phasing slowly into veganism, but then I saw that documentary and I decided then that I wasn't going to eat another animal product ever.
    Take care and keep up the great work :)
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! 5lbs WHOA! I'm definitely going to give this a try. Congrats!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegan sounds nice. Me and my boyfriend went vegan as a New Year resolution. He for a month and I for three months with a possibility of prolonged period.

    It has been just 15 days so far, but I have gone from 171 to 161 in this period, making my BMI go from 26.8 to 25.2. It really works, has made me feel better and doesn't harm anyone. How good can it be :)

    You can try to do it at least for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUCK internet fucked up so I have to reconstruct the comment!

    For me the fastest way to binge is to restrict too hard or to deny myself a craving. The thought of the food I'm denying myself takes over and I turn into an eating machine :(

    For that lady to be that healthy and vegan she HAS to be taking supplements, no way around it. You need B-group vitamins to run your brain and you cannot get them anywhere else but animal products or supplements. There is a compound in mushrooms that mimics them, but it actually clocks your body's ability to absorb the real thing when you get it.

    If you're serious about going fully vegan or vegetarian, do your research first ok? Don't let yourself get manipulated into unhealth by people with a political agenda and a story that pulls your heartstrings.

    I personally avoid all crate-raised pig and cage/barn-raised poultry products. I'm so lucky that we don't have feedlots here in New Zealand! If I ever visited the USA I'd never touch anything that came from a feedlot. So gross!

    /facepalm at your sister. Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space so you look thinner. It also burns more sitting there and doing nothing than fat does! Can she say METABOLISM BOOST?!? *Sigh* Silly girl. Skinny-fat is NOT a good look! You don't bulk up like a fitness model by lifting weights, you get sleeker. Those muscle girls train like you wouldn't believe!

    Take care Ayden, love you!

    ReplyDelete