Thursday, July 26, 2012

BMR, Calorie Counts, and Deficits

So, I found this nifty little BMR calculator online, and found out that, in order to maintain my current weight, I'd need to be consuming 2,073.78 calories per day. In order to lose weight, I need to consume less, which I have been doing :)
Calorie counting seems so natural to me, now... I feel like, even if the doctor does take me off of this diet, I won't be able to stop... Not now.
My Calorie Numbers for every day of this diet are:
Day #1 - 743
Day #2 - 1,034
Day #3 - 1,073
Day #4 - 1,070
Day #5 - 1,059
Day #6 - CHEAT DAY (Boyfriend's Birthday)
Day #7 - 1,239
Day #8 - 1,037
Day #9 - 1,042                    Output: 460.7
Day #10 - 1,242

Today is Day #11, and I've yet to eat anything. I like waiting until after noon before eating because, that way, I have less time to eat all of my calories. The calorie limit that the doctor gave me was 1,500, so I feel that I've done pretty well. Not once, (except maybe for cheat day... I dunno, I didn't count on that day) have I gone over, or even reached the limit.
And, judging by my last weigh-in, it seems to be working.
My only problem is getting up the energy, and motivation, to exercise... I know I'd be losing more, and faster, if I was exercising every day, or even every other day, but sadly, I've exercised a total of 3 times while on this diet... Pathetic, I know...
I'm just, in all honesty, not used to eating this little... The eating without restraint is what caused my weight gain in the first place, and judging by the large number from the beginning of my post, I'm sure you can get an idea of just how much I WAS eating every day... So, cutting 1,000 calories out of my daily diet made me extremely lethargic, and GRUMPY as all hell.

And the output above was the only day that I actually counted lost calories and wrote them down. I tracked calories lost on the other two workouts, but I didn't write either of them down.

Now, I seem to recall, that I used to put a lengthy Thinspo at the end of each post.
And, after all, I am one who honors tradition =]
I think the theme will be Fantasy
Enjoy!









"If I wasn't meant to fly, I wouldn't have these wings."

3 comments:

  1. I saw some shit online that said that the amount of cals you should eat should be your gw x 10. So if you wanna be 150, you should eat 1500 calories... seems to make sense. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a BMR calculator and it told me to maintain I would have to eat 1571 calories! I am 5 foot 9! I think that's wrong...lol

    But you're doing awesome! And it is hard to get the motivation, but remember, you will NEVER regret working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I do that too, I wait til after lunch to eat so I don't eat too much.
    It looks like you have been doing really well so keep up the great work :) Good luck today!
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete