Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In Honor of Suicide Awareness Week, a song... And some bitching

I never meant to be the one
Who kept you from the dark
But now I know my wounds are sewn
Because of who you are
I will take this burden on
And become the holy one
But remember I am human
And I’m bound to sing this song
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed
I am here
Saviour
Will be there
When you are feeling alone, oh
A Saviour
For all that you do
So you live freely
Without their harm
So here I write my lullaby
To all the lonely ones Remember as you learn to try
To be the one you love So I can take this pen
And teach you how to live
What is left unsaid
The greatest gift I give
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed
I am here
Saviour
Will be there
When you are feeling alone, oh
A Saviour For all that you do
So you live freely
Without their harm
When I hear your cries
Praying for light
I will be there
I will always be there

--Black Veil Brides




And now, for the bitching...
I have to get blood drawn today.
This is not a good thing.
Piercing needles, I can handle... At least that way you get something out of the stabbing...
I cannot handle medical needles for blood drawing...

A side note for any phlebotomists out there: LEARN TO DO YOUR JOB THE RIGHT WAY

I hate it when they miss a vein that you could see from Hubble and then have to wiggle the fucking needle around in my arm to get it to the right place... Dear people who suck at drawing blood, I hate you.

Last time was one of those times... My blood wouldn't flow... Like it just wasn't there. The lady got a few drops [but only after wiggling the needle and inserting and pulling it out and repeating *armsexwithneedle] and then I made her stop and wouldn't let her try again because you could already see the bruise forming... I looked like a clumsy heroin addict.

The lady said that it was because I wasn't hydrated enough, which is bullshit, because that day I'd already had 1 litre, and the day before I'd had 3... I was NOT fucking dehydrated.

I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not happy. To mother, to the nurses, and if they don't get it on the first poke, I'm giving 'em a big EFFFFF YOU and walking my happy ass outta there.

K, I'm done ranting... Off to guzzle more water.

3 comments:

  1. TOTALLY FUCKING AGREE!
    I hate needles in any form. No piercings for me. But blood drawing? Sooo much worse!
    They can't draw blood right then hell yyea walk out. Wtf is the deal letting someone who can't find the vein do this? They're supposed to find the vein before the first poke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They most definitely do need to be competent! Lol, Otago med students have to practise on themselves :3

    Good on you for stating your displeasure. Fuck having cackhanded idiots stick needles into you!

    Omg I want more piercings and tattoos. Waaaaaaaaant.

    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never noticed BVB has such...touching lyrics.
    tehehe. needles. last time i went for a blood test, i was dreading it. then when she stabbed me with the needle, i found it hilarious because i had to move my arm and make it dance so the blood flow would make its way to my body or some shit. xD. it was fun. she thought my blood was weird.
    okay. since i'm doing pre-med, i'll make sure to never ever do that. like ever. i'd imagine you punching me in the face.
    armsexwithneedle! oh my Gosh. xD. i love seeing blood get drawn. it's so interesting. one time, my aunt hit me because the blood rushed so fast into the vial that she only had like a second to put it in and put it out. it was the coolest thing ever!!
    i bruise a lot when people do needles now because of the whole ED for a year and a bit now. xD.
    if you're walking your happy ass out of there, can i touch your butt forever
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete